Let’s time travel back to thirty five years ago, when Sinulog dance parade was nowhere in history. When there were no street parties and TV stars swarming in town every January.
Could you have imagined Cebu being the Queen city of the South? Anyways, when the first Sinulog was organized, who could have foreseen that the festival would become the grandest festival in the country? But now, in its 35th year, Sinulog organizers have prepared for us more things to look forward to.
Now, here’s what you should look forward to this Sinulog Grand Parade 2015.
- Biggest stage in the history of Sinulog Grand Parade.
- Miss Earth 2014 and Sinulog Festival Queen 2013 Jamie Herell will be performing in the festivities.
- A music video making contest will be hosted.
- More contingents.
- A possibility of Pope Francis visiting the city.
- Members of Bambad National High school Performing Arts Guild of Isula, Sultan Kudarat and Leyte’s Buyogan dancers will compete in Sinulog 2015.
- Grand Parade prizes were raised. First interpretation and street dancing categories: 1st place – P1 million; 2nd place – P700,000; 3rd place – P500,000; 4th place – P300,000; 5th place – P200,000