- Deaf Culture Sensitivity
- Tita Julie’s Summer Surprise
- 6th Olango Challenge
- 2013 Cebu Horse Congress and Festival
- La Vossa Fashion Show on April 20
- Break The Silence Run Opens Online Registration
- SINGK(U)WENTO INTERNASYONAL
- Break the Silence Run
- DigitalFilipino E-commerce Summit
- Visayan Longboarding Trilogy 2013
New Balance 10K Run Series 2012
World-renowned shoe manufacturer New Balance is hosting a series of marathons this 2012, specifically in Bacolod, Cebu, Cagayan de Oro, and Manila.
The New Balance 10K Run Series kicked off last June 3, 2012, in Bacolod City, with over 800 entries. Cebu City will be hosting the race this coming July 8, while Cagayan de Oro City will be have the race on October 28. The fourth and final race of the 2012 series is scheduled on November 26, in Manila. Winners of each of the VisMin races will have the opportunity to run against each other in the final leg, which is also called the New Balance Power Run.
The Cebu leg will take place at the Cebu Business Park. There are two categories for the New Balance run, specifically the 5K and the 10K. Registration fee for the 5K category is Php450 and Php550 for the 10K. The fees are inclusive of a specially-designed New Balance technical shirt worth Php2,200 from Singapore, a waterproof race bib of international standard, a timing chip, and a number of giveaways including a discount coupon from Planet Sports and The Athlete’s Foot. Registrants can also avail of the 20 percent discount on all regular-priced New Balance items at any New Balance, Planet Sports and Athlete’s Foot outlets until November 31.
Interested running enthusiasts may register at the New Balance Run Booth at the Active Zone, Ayala Cebu. The registration is ongoing until July 1, 2012. Race packs will be distributed at the same venue on July 4 to July 6.
Aside from getting exciting freebies, the prize for the 10k run is Php7,500 for the first-place finisher, Php5,000 for the second placer and Php2,500 for the third placer. On the other hand, the top three finishers in the 5K category will get Php5,000, Php2,500 and Php1,500, respectively. The great thing about this race is that there is a separate all-Filipino category so locals can actually win.
The New Balance 10K Run Series-Cebu is sponsored by Planet Sports and The Athlete’s Foot, in cooperation with Ayala Center Cebu and Cebu Business Park, with special participation of The Sports Warehouse and Prifood. The media partners of the event are Sun.Star Cebu, Cebu Daily News, The Freeman, y101, Crossover, and Killerbee. The race is organized by ASAP Advertising Services and Promotions, Inc. For more information, you may call ASAP at (032) 232-8518 to 19.
New Balance is one of the top global athletic products company that specializes in running, walking, cross-training, outdoor, tennis, and lifestyle shoes. It also makes seam sports shoes, including Lacross and baseball spikes, athletic apparel, sandals, and a lot more.
The company had a humble beginning as a Boston-based arch support company in the early 1900s and started manufacturing shoes in the ‘70s. At present, New Balance is a family of brands that include New Balance, PF Flyers, Aravon, Dunham, Warrior, and Brine.
Since its early days as an arch support company, New Balance had always been a brand that aimed to meet the needs of every athlete. Believing that “a better fit produces better performance,” the company manufactures products that can accommodate all widths and sizes. For them, it is part of producing high quality footwear and athletic clothing.
To be able to produce only the best fitting and high performing shoes and apparel, the brand always updates its production methods using the latest technology. It maintains five manufacturing facilities in New England and continues to count on the skills and teamwork of their American workers in creating a percentage of their athletic footwear. One of the secrets of the brand’s success is remaining strongly committed to a core set of company values that include integrity, teamwork and total customer satisfaction.
Are you ready for the upcoming New Balance 10K Run Series? Here are a few tips to help you prepare:
- Check your race map and plan ahead.
- Get enough rest and at least eight hours of sleep the night before the run.
- Eat at least two hours before the race.
- Drink enough fluids especially water. The last thing you want is getting dehydrated and feeling weak.
- Wear your proper running gear. Pair your New Balance technical shirt with comfortable shorts and wear appropriate running shoes.
- Bring your race bib as the timing tag is attached to it. Avoid bending or folding your race bib so the timing tag won’t be damaged.
- Keep your possessions to a minimum as the organizers are not liable for any losses.
- Arrive on time so you can do proper stretching and avoid injury.
- If you feel unwell on the day of the event, do not join the race to avoid fainting or getting injured.