- Tita Julie’s Summer SurprisePosted 24 days ago
- 6th Olango ChallengePosted 26 days ago
- 2013 Cebu Horse Congress and FestivalPosted 28 days ago
- La Vossa Fashion Show on April 20Posted 33 days ago
- Break The Silence Run Opens Online RegistrationPosted 45 days ago
- SINGK(U)WENTO INTERNASYONALPosted 66 days ago
- Break the Silence RunPosted 66 days ago
- DigitalFilipino E-commerce SummitPosted 70 days ago
- Visayan Longboarding Trilogy 2013Posted 71 days ago
- Gold’s Gym Cebu Launches Pole DancingPosted 73 days ago
Asian Poker Tour in Cebu
The APT Asian Series will debut at Cebu’s Waterfront Hotel and Casino between January 10 and January 17, 2011.
The APT Asian Series is a new, lower buy-in, feeder tour launched by the Asian Poker Tour, which is one of two dominant live poker tours in the Asian region. The lower buy-in circuit offers more tournaments within Asia. It also gives players with smaller bankrolls opportunities to join the action before heading on to the full APT circuit.
The week-long tournament will feature seven championship events. Buy in ranges from $55 to $5,000 for lead up events. Players need around US$1,130 to buy in for the main event. With the range of events, the tournament is sure to appeal to bankrolls of all types.
There will also be a number of live satellites and some side action throughout the APT tournament. PKR players will be able to join the APT event through the satellites, which includes a freeroll sub-satellite that is exclusive to Asian and Australian region players. The nightly freeroll starts at 11:30pm AEDT. It will qualify players for the sub-satellite series.
Poker is a popular pastime all over the world and it has garnered a good number of aficionados in Cebu. Two of Cebu’s well-known poker groups are the Metro Card Club – Cebu, which holds events at Bravio Sports & Resto Lounge, A.S. Fortuna St., Mandaue; and Diamond Poker Sports Club, which holds events at The Forum, Archbishop Reyes Avenue beside the Cebu Grand Convention Center.