- Events to Watch Out For in Ayala Center Cebu this February 2014
- More Date Ideas for V-Day 2014!
- Date On A Budget: 10 Date Ideas In Cebu
- Bond with Your Pet through the Dogsport Event at Parkmall
- Goodbye to the Flappy Bird Phenomenon?
- Power of Two: A Valentines Concert Treat from Aiza and Charice
- Flappy Bird: Why People Won’t Stop Talking about It
- By Request – Bamboo and Yeng Concert in Cebu!
- SM 2 SM: SM City Cebu’s Fun Run Year 4!
- A First-Hand Experience of Yolanda’s Wrath
35th National Milo Marathon
Cebu will once again participate in the Philippines’ biggest national running event on October 2, 2011. Just in time for Nestle’s 100th year is the 35th National Milo Marathon. Indeed, it is a great occasion to make the cause even grander.
Last year was the launching of Milo’s Help Give Shoes advocacy program and 4,000 pairs of running shoes were handed out to 18 public schools across the country. For this year, 10,000 more pairs will be given to 100 public schools; each school will receive 100 pairs. Php 10 from the registration fee goes to the advocacy, which Milo will double to buy the said 10,000 pairs. The Department of Education will choose the beneficiary school in the areas where the Milo marathon will be held.
The registration fees are as follows: Php 500 for the 21K half marathon elimination race and 10K run, and Php 100 for the 3K and 5K kiddie runs. Registration forms are available at the Cebu City Sports Center.
For more details, contact Mr. Ricky Ballesteros at 0920-9089742, (032) 254-8567 or (032) 253-1091. You may check out Milo’s official Web site at http://www.nestle.com.ph/milo/marathon/default.html.
What are you waiting for? Heed Milo’s invitation to help underprivileged kids in Cebu. “Takbo na! Help give a child a pair of shoes.”
From July to December 2001, the various Milo races, which started in 1974, will be held in the major cities in Luzon, Visayas and Mindanao. Here is the complete schedule of the 35th National Milo Marathon:
July 3 – Laoag City
July 10 – Dagupan City
July 17 – Olongapo City
July 24 – Tarlac
July 31 – Manila Elims
Aug 21 – Batangas City
Aug 28 – Puerto Princesa
Sept 4 – Naga City
Sept 11 – San Pablo City
Sept 18 – Iloilo City
Sept 25 – Bacolod City
Oct 2 – Cebu City
Oct 9 – Tagbilaran
Oct 16 – Cagayan de Oro
Oct 23 – Butuan City
Oct 30 – General Santos
Nov 6 – Davao City
Dec 11 – Manila Finals