- Tita Julie’s Summer SurprisePosted 24 days ago
- 6th Olango ChallengePosted 26 days ago
- 2013 Cebu Horse Congress and FestivalPosted 28 days ago
- La Vossa Fashion Show on April 20Posted 33 days ago
- Break The Silence Run Opens Online RegistrationPosted 45 days ago
- SINGK(U)WENTO INTERNASYONALPosted 65 days ago
- Break the Silence RunPosted 66 days ago
- DigitalFilipino E-commerce SummitPosted 70 days ago
- Visayan Longboarding Trilogy 2013Posted 71 days ago
- Gold’s Gym Cebu Launches Pole DancingPosted 73 days ago
Race to Reduce Challenge 2010
Aboitiz sponsors a race that intends to promote a greener environment.
On August 22, 2010, Sunday, runners will assemble at Cebu City’s South Road Properties to race in their chosen categories. The race will feature four categories, specifically a 3k, 5k, 10k and 21k. It will cover the entire SRP stretch up to Talisay City. The call time for runners is 4:00 a.m. The gun fires off at 5:30 a.m., for 21K runners; 5:45 a.m. for 10K; and 6:00 am for runners in the 5K and 3K categories.
A Gatorade station and 10 water stations and will be put up along the route for the benefit of the runners. A water shower will be set up at the 21K turning point. Runners who can successfully cross the finish line will enjoy a hearty breakfast, a relaxing foot massage, and a photo opportunity with the Race to Reduce photo wall.
The race is in line with the information campaign headed by the Aboitiz Group. The company’s employees will participate in the said event. This is in support of the company’s movement towards a healthy lifestyle and preserving our planet for the next generation. The advocates of the Race to Reduce Challenge aim to encourage everyone to reduce their consumption of resources, including paper, power, and water.
For every runner who participates in the August 22 race, a tree will be planted during the simultaneous nationwide tree planting activity of the Aboitiz Group to be held in October 2010.
The race is also a fund-raising project for the Aboitiz Group’s Annual Christmas Outreach in December 2010.
A photo contest will be held alongside the main competition. Photo enthusiasts can bag cash prices for capturing the most interesting images during the race. Participants must register to join. The winning photos will be published both in print and through online media.
Deadline for registration is on August 19, 2010.
For online registrations, go to http://survey.aboitiz.com/index.php.
For manual registrations, visit these shops:
- Runnr, Ayala Center Cebu,
- VECO, SM City Cebu,
- Casa Ilongga, Robinson’s Fuente, or
- Cebu City Sports Complex – Abellana, Philippine Sports Commission Office.
Race kits, singlets and bibs will be distributed at The Persimmon Plus in Mabolo, Cebu City. Distribution will run from August 16 until August 21, 2010.