- Tita Julie’s Summer SurprisePosted 25 days ago
- 6th Olango ChallengePosted 27 days ago
- 2013 Cebu Horse Congress and FestivalPosted 29 days ago
- La Vossa Fashion Show on April 20Posted 34 days ago
- Break The Silence Run Opens Online RegistrationPosted 46 days ago
- SINGK(U)WENTO INTERNASYONALPosted 67 days ago
- Break the Silence RunPosted 67 days ago
- DigitalFilipino E-commerce SummitPosted 71 days ago
- Visayan Longboarding Trilogy 2013Posted 72 days ago
- Gold’s Gym Cebu Launches Pole DancingPosted 74 days ago
Columbia Trail Masters Duathlon
This October, Cebu will be the next venue for the biggest duathlon series here in the Philippines. The second leg of the Columbia Trail Masters Duathlon, which happens at the rocky mountain range of Balamban, kicks off on October 17, 2010 (Sunday) at 5:00 a.m. The first leg, which was held last May 30, 2010 at Nuvali in Sta. Rosa, Laguna, drew over 600 participants.
There are two categories to choose from. The more seasoned athletes may choose the Elite Category, which is the tough 10K run – 30K bike – 10K run format. Beginners and enthusiasts may opt for the Executive Category, which will be the milder, yet challenging 5K run – 20k bike – 5K run format.
A duathlon is a sports event in which athletes compete in two skills. It is derived from the word triathlon; the key difference is the absence of a swimming leg. The usual format for a duathlon is run-bike-run. This means the participant starts with a run, transitions to the bike, then shifts back to another run. The time starts when the gun goes off for the first run and ends when the athlete crosses the finish line after the second run. The time it takes to switch from running to cycling and back again also counts in the participant’s time.
Columbia is a brand of high-quality outdoor products. The company aims to encourage Filipinos to embrace an active, outdoor lifestyle. This is their primary reason they created the Columbia Trail Masters, a series of off-road duathlons that will be held in various provinces throughout the Philippines.
Registrations are until October 13, 2010 at the following locations: Columbia Sportswear SM Cebu-North Wing, R.O.X. Ayala Center Cebu, and ResToeRun Ayala Center Cebu.
Don’t miss the chance to join the biggest series of off-road duathlons in the Philippines! Be part of the Columbia Trail Masters Duathlon. For more details, visit www.columbiasportswear.com.ph