The Colegio de la Inmaculada Concepción is a private Catholic school for boys and girls that was established in May 1880. Popularly known as CIC, the school has been governed by the Daughters of Charity since 1895.
CIC has two campuses; the main campus is located at Gorordo Avenue, Cebu City and the second branch in Mandaue City. Both offer pre-elementary and basic education (elementary and high school). The school used to have a college department but it was phased out in 1998 to focus on the Christian formation of young students. Staying true to its commitment to be a good institution of learning, CIC has been accredited by the Philippine Accrediting Association of Schools, Colleges and Universities (PAASCU) since 1977. It also went through a Congregational Evaluation Visit (CEV) in 1987, as well as a Congregational Mission Audit (CMA) in 2007.
Complete with all the necessary facilities to provide quality education, CIC also teaches their students to become patrons of social work. The school’s services to the community work hand in hand with academics. Through the St. Louise de Marillac Foundation, Inc., which is a two-storey building that houses the wide-ranging school-community services, the school is able to fund the material and spiritual needs of poor families. CIC has yearly concerts and productions to finance their foundation.
Mindful of the special role expected of the Catholic schools, CIC vows to take “the responsibility of building up the new breed of Filipinos – disciplined, nourished with positive nationalism, proud of the country's cultural heritage, builders of peace, respectful of the dignity of life and creation and citizens of the Church and of the country for a sustainable future.”
For more information on CIC, visit their official Web site at http://cic-c.dcphilippines.org/index.php or you may call (032) 2329780 / (032) 2329787.