It is nice to know that somewhere out there, abandoned, abused and neglected children receive the care they need even if it’s not from their own parents. It is nice to know that facilities such as Batang Pinangga in Carmen Cebu exist not just to protect but help neglected children live normal lives.
ABOUT BATANG PINANGGA
Batang Pinangga was established in 2001 after the Independent Foundation for Family Affairs (IFFA) based in Holland, acquired a piece of land through donations. IFFA erected houses for the homeless children that until now serves its purpose.
The goal of Batang Pinangga extends in motivating individuals in the society to care for the children as it is one way of stopping child abuse.
Kids in Batang Pinangga are taught carpentry, cooking, planting and other skills they need and can apply outside.
If you’re asking how you can help in the achievement of Batang Pinangga’s goal, here are what the foundation needs as of the moment:
- Be an adoptive parent, either on occasional, short term or longe term basis.
- Sponsor schooling of a child.
- Donate food, clothings, items for personal hygiene.
- Donate household utensils and utilities.
- SUpport the honorarium of a caregiver.
- Provide seedlings for the farm.
- Provide income-generating projects.
- Share your technical and professional expertise.
- Facilitate child development activities.
- And many other forms of support you can give as a friend to a child.
LOCATION AND CONTACT NUMBER