Dr. Ignacio M. Cortes General Hospital started in 1959 as a 10-bed clinic that was managed and operated by Dr. Ignacio M. Cortes and Mrs. Natividad Cortes (administrator). By 1978, it had become a 100-bed general hospital. It officially became a corporation in 1990 and started using the name Dr. Ignacio M. Cortes General Hospital Inc.
The hospital is located on Rizal Street, Barangay Centro, Mandaue City, with phone numbers +63 (32) 346-7850, 346-7859, and 345-1486 plus fax number 346-0810. It has an affiliation with Benedicto College.
This hospital is a tertiary health care provider governed by a board of directors. It provides a full range of health and medical services to the people of Mandaue City and Lapu-Lapu City and to those in the neighboring towns of Consolacion and Lilo-an, with emphasis on health promotion and disease prevention. The hospital’s services include (1) medical, (2) surgical, (3) laboratory, and (4) x-ray. Cortes General Hospital is Emergency Rescue Unit Foundation (ERUF) Cebu base 5.