The down side of celebrating the holidays at home is…you can’t help but eat what was left of Noche Buena and Media Noche. We all encounter that problem even during regular days but it’s twice harder when you’ve got loads of delicious leftovers trying to get your attention.
To help you with that dilemma, here are some diet hacks we hope you consider.
1. Eat while staring at anything blue. Don’t flinch, it’s just that Blue is an appetite suppressant. Ever wondered why fast food chains are almost always in color red? Well, the psychology of colors explain that red, yellow and orange boost your appetite so you end up hungry just looking at those colors.
2. Smell a banana or apple when you’re hungry. Though, you can eat them later if you’re really hungry, don’t worry. Research show that those who sniff these fruits become less hungry perhaps, because the brain is tricked into thinking you’re eating. The same theory applies to chewing gum.
3. Be in front of a mirror while you eat. This is a typical example of vanity being good sometimes. When you look at yourself while eating, you are reminded of your standards and goals so you stop yourself from eating a lot. Pretty simple, huh.
4. Eat when your stomach rumbles. Many of you binge-eat when you’re depressed, bored or feeling anything similar. This shouldn’t be the case as you must eat only when you are hungry to the extent that you will eat anything available. Don’t stuff anything in your mouth just because you feel like it. You might just welcome New year with a new and more flabs.
5. Eat eggs for breakfast because it’ll make you full for more hours. Eggs will make you feel less hungry by the time you eat your lunch. Eggs is also normal for breakfast so you don’t really have to stress yourself out in changing your diet. Just make sure you don’t eat eggs for the rest of the day.
6. Avoid watching TV or reading while eating as you might forget that you’ve been eating a lot already. This is always true to people who like to watch movies and munch on popcorn, pizza and chips. Sitting for hours and eating non-stop is equally not good for anyone.