- Tita Julie’s Summer SurprisePosted 27 days ago
- 6th Olango ChallengePosted 29 days ago
- 2013 Cebu Horse Congress and FestivalPosted 31 days ago
- La Vossa Fashion Show on April 20Posted 36 days ago
- Break The Silence Run Opens Online RegistrationPosted 48 days ago
- SINGK(U)WENTO INTERNASYONALPosted 69 days ago
- Break the Silence RunPosted 69 days ago
- DigitalFilipino E-commerce SummitPosted 73 days ago
- Visayan Longboarding Trilogy 2013Posted 74 days ago
- Gold’s Gym Cebu Launches Pole DancingPosted 76 days ago
Meetings, Incentive Travel, Conventions, Exhibitions, and Events
Cebu is playing host to the Philippine Meetings, Incentive Travel, Conventions, Exhibitions, and Events (MICE) conference on August 10 to 13, 2011, coinciding with the One Cebu celebration of the Cebu provincial government. The event’s plenary session will be held at the Cebu International Convention Center in Mandaue, with tours to be spread out in Cebu. The theme of this year’s conference is “I share. You connect. We change.”
The international event will gather more than three hundred delegates to convene for discussions on the MICE market, which is thought of as unpredictable but also lucrative. MICE’s market of about fifty million visitors would mean a definite boost to tourism because it combines destinations, air travel, accommodations, food and beverage, and so forth. Former DOT regional director Patria Aurora Roa, who is one of the conference organizers, said that Cebu should cash in so that it can reap benefits from being a MICE destination.
Cebu previously hosted the MICE conference in 1993 and in 1998. Hans Hauri, president of the Hotel, Resort, and Restaurant Association of Cebu (HRRAC) as well as general manager of Marco Polo Plaza, said the multimillion-peso budget that the Department of Tourism (DOT) allocated for the conference would help provide business-class flights and excellent accommodations for thirty international buyers and resource speakers.
Those interested in this event can follow its Twitter account, MICECON2011. More details on this event can be found in the info graphic below from the DOT’s Tourism Promotions Board; please click the image to see the large version.