A Fast Growing US Publishing Company is looking for copy editors who can
meticulously check written materials submitted by a team of trending reporters.
The ideal candidate must have a keen eye for detail and be able to exercise critical
judgment in reviewing and correcting grammar and spelling. Editors must also
ensure that articles conform to the writing and reporting style of the publication
and maintain consistency in the use of words, phrases and other writing elements.
- Must be a Graduate/Undergraduate of any 4 year Course (Preferably with Journalism, Communications subjects and or experience)
- Must have at least 2 years experience in editing, as well as writing, for an online publication
- Must have a thorough knowledge of the English language
- Must be familiar with Reuters Style Guide and copyright guidelines
- Must have an eye to immediately spot any legal problems in the text
- Must have the ability to transform SEO-friendly headlines / Knowledgeable on SEO
- Must have meticulous approach in checking facts, as well as ensuring captions in
images are correct
- Must be tact and diplomatic in discussing and raising queries with the reporter
- Can work independently without supervision, but a team player
- Must have the ability to maintain high-quality work while meeting tight deadlines
- Must have readiness to review and edit breaking story articles in a moment's notice
- Willing to work on working time schedules: 9am – 6pm or 2pm – 11pm (Philippine Time) (Schedules include one hour break)
If you have what it takes, please do the following…
1. Email your application.
2. Attach your updated resume.
3. Attach 3 article samples (Original and Edited) in pdf or word document.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://www.cebujobs.ph/jobs/details/urgent-hiring-home-based-full-time-on-line-copy-editor-at-moneytimes →