Website CCPS - Crown Center People Services
- Bachelor (4-year) degree, with a technical major, such as engineering or computer science.
- 1 to 3 years system administration experience.
- Knowleadgeable in VOIP systems. Setting up and maintaining VOIP servers and dialers such as VICIDIAL. Managing various campaigns.
- Experienced in setting up and maintaining CRM software such as VTIGER. Maintaining leads and customer database.
The System Administrator (SA) is responsible for effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware and software and related infrastructure.
This individual will assist project teams with technical issues in the Initiation and Planning phases of our standard Project Management Methodology. These activities include the definition of needs, benefits, and technical strategy; research & development within the project life-cycle; technical analysis and design; and support of operations staff in executing, testing and rolling-out the solutions. Participation on projects is focused on smoothing the transition of projects from development staff to production staff by performing operations activities within the project life-cycle.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Install new / rebuild existing servers and configure hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage, etc. in accordance with standards and project/operational requirements.
- Develop and maintain installation and configuration procedures.
- Research and recommend innovative, and where possible automated approaches for system administration tasks. Identify approaches that leverage our resources and provide economies of scale.
- Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups.
- Perform daily backup operations, ensuring all required file systems and system data are successfully backed up to the appropriate media, recovery tapes or disks are created, and media is recycled and sent off site as necessary.
- Create, change, and delete user accounts per request.
- Repair and recover from hardware or software failures. Coordinate and communicate with impacted constituencies.
- Apply OS patches and upgrades on a regular basis, and upgrade administrative tools and utilities. Configure / add new services as necessary.
- Perform periodic performance reporting to support capacity planning.
- Maintain data center environmental and monitoring equipment.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://www.cebujobs.ph/jobs/details/systems-administrator-it-specialist-at-ccps-crown-center-people-services →