Join a dynamic global company where you will get to work alongside and learn directly from the founders, who are from the U.S. and have moved to Cebu! Our team has worked at Microsoft, GE, Samsung, and Motorola, Citigroup, Verisign – all in the U.S. and have also built successful startups.
Help build a massively scalable platform that will change the face of messaging worldwide: the first self-service solution to enable NGOs, governments, and businesses to easily and quickly launch comprehensive messaging, surveying, curriculum, and decision tree programs focused worldwide via SMS, USSD, and Voice Calls in 200+ countries.
We’re looking for an experienced Java developer who has worked on several web projects. This person will collaborate with other experienced Java developers, QA, DevOps, and business teams. More than expertise, attitude and commitment is crucial as our platform requires quick learning of new technologies and products.
If you have been known as someone who loves dealing with challenges and thrives in a fast growing environment, and you are looking to learn a lot and grow very quickly, then we are looking for you!
You will be instrumental in helping design, build and scale the engageSPARK platform:
- Write code to implement new features and modify existing functionality.
- Review code from other team members, give feedback, and ensure compliance with our standards for coding.
- Give input on architecture, help design for scale, and implement a distributed web services model using cloud providers such as Amazon Web Services (AWS).
- Minimum 5 years’ experience developing J2EE/JEE applications
- Experience using frameworks (E.g. Spring)
- Experience with databases, both NoSQL (CouchDB), and RDBMS (MySQL & PostgreSQL)
- Experience with version control systems, preferably Git
- Strong problem solving skills
- Designing and deploying REST web services
- Experience working with queue implementations such as ActiveMQ or Celery
- Familiarity with Agile software development
- Experience with SMS and Voice systems (e.g. Asterisk, Twilio, etc)
Essential Job Functions:
- Create features, API and database design specifications
- Review code written by other developers
- Coach and mentor junior developers
- Identify scalability issues and performance bottlenecks in Java applications
- Work with QA to create test plans and create automated tests and testing framework
- Collaborate with development team using Agile process
- Find bugs and recommend innovative solutions to improve product
- Good English communication skills (written & oral)
- Work with an international, multi-cultural team
- Ideally willing to work in Cebu City, but remote is ok
- Be curious, willing to ask questions, and interested in growing professionally and joining an exciting team and company that will change the world!
Salary & Benefits:
We offer attractive compensation and benefits:
- Up to 80,000 PHP, depending on experience level
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Sick Leave
- Regular fun team outings
- We're located in IT Park, Cebu
- Write code to change the world
Are you ready to learn like crazy and at the same time change the world? Join us!
Apply here: https://www.smartrecruiters.com/engageSPARKLtd/79487356-java-software-developer
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://www.cebujobs.ph/jobs/details/engagespark-java-developer →