Website Plan International - Philippines
The Communications and Advocacy Manager provides strategic and technical leadership for Plan International’s communication and advocacy work in the Philippines. This role will also work to strengthen the overall capacity of Plan International Philippines to be prepared for, and respond to, emergencies in accordance with accepted principles, practices and standards.
This role will lead an integrated team to develop and translate strategy into measurable action, identifying and resolving problems as they arise. S/he will routinely provide sound strategic recommendations to senior management at short notice amidst competing operational demands. This requires a dynamic leader who can motivate and encourage staff to perform and provides vision and leadership in communications and advocacy, and beyond. The position is based in Makati City and will manage a minimum of three direct reports.
· Bachelor’s degree in Communication, Development Communication, Journalism or any related discipline. Post graduate degree is an advantage
- Has at least eight years’ experience working as a professional communicator including substantive work on development and humanitarian issues affecting children and families.
- Has three years’ experience in a supervisory role.
· Has experience in innovative and outcome-focused communication such as strategic planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation, media relations, issues management, internal communications, branding, online communication, community engagement, events management and budget management.
· Has strong writing skills; photography and videography skills is an advantage.
· Has in-depth knowledge of current communications issues and trends, particularly in the humanitarian sector.
· Has practical experience in the application of Sphere, HAP, INEE, NGO/Red Cross Code of Conduct and other relevant standards preferred.
· Fluency in written and spoken English is essential.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://www.cebujobs.ph/jobs/details/communications-and-advocacy-manager-at-plan-international-philippines →