- Tita Julie’s Summer SurprisePosted 27 days ago
- 6th Olango ChallengePosted 29 days ago
- 2013 Cebu Horse Congress and FestivalPosted 31 days ago
- La Vossa Fashion Show on April 20Posted 36 days ago
- Break The Silence Run Opens Online RegistrationPosted 48 days ago
- SINGK(U)WENTO INTERNASYONALPosted 69 days ago
- Break the Silence RunPosted 69 days ago
- DigitalFilipino E-commerce SummitPosted 73 days ago
- Visayan Longboarding Trilogy 2013Posted 74 days ago
- Gold’s Gym Cebu Launches Pole DancingPosted 76 days ago
Pierre Anther Infante Wins Miss Cebu 2012
Candidate No. 6 Pierre Anther G. Infante bested eleven other ladies in the search for Miss Cebu 2012. The pageant was capped yesterday, January 11, 2012, at the Grand Pacific Ballroom of the Waterfront Cebu City Hotel and Casino in Lahug.
The Miss Cebu 2012 court is composed of Rachel Chloe T. Palang who won first runner-up and Ella Beverly P. Sarmago who bagged the second runner-up slot. Jonnie Rose Louise R. Wee was named the third runner up while the fourth runner-up position was claimed by Herlie Kim T. Artugue.
In addition to the presentation of Proud Cebuanas, the coronation night also showcased the talents of 20 local couturiers. Cary Santiago was awarded as the event’s Best Designer. Consequently, the award for Best in Evening Gown went to Infante who wore Santiago’s metallic creation.
The judges for the Miss Cebu 2012 Coronation Night were former congresswoman Risa Hontiveros, designer Francis Libiran, fashion editor and columnist Mayenne Carmona, restaurateur Ana Rocha, and Cathay Pacific’s Martin Xu. Also in attendance were past winners of Miss Cebu, including Miss Cebu Tourism 1984 Janice Minor.
The winners of the prestigious pageant all win cash prizes and a trip to Hong Kong. The top four will have a chance to tour Las Vegas, and the newly crowned Miss Cebu 2012 will be able to go on a trip to a city of her choice in the U.S., Europe or Africa. Infante’s cash prizes amounted to approximately Php80,000 for winning the crown and two special awards, specifically the Ms. Glamour Girl Cathay Pacific and Best in Evening Gown.
Infante is a disc jockey (DJ) at Monster Radio BT 105.9. She is a BA Mass Communications graduate from the Southwestern University. She told the press that although she did not expect to win Miss Cebu, she always gave her best. She also quipped that her advocacy as the new ambassadress of Cebu is to support local talents.
Here’s a quick recap of the top five candidates and the winners of Miss Cebu 2012 Special Awards:
- Miss Cebu 2012 Pierre Anther G. Infante
- Miss Cebu 2012 1st runner-up Rachel Chloe T. Palang,
- Miss Cebu 2012 2nd runner-up Ella Beverly P. Sarmago,
- Miss Cebu 2012 3rd runner-up Jonnie Rose Louise R. Wee
- Miss Cebu 2012 4th runner-up Herlie Kim T. Artugue
Miss Cebu 2012 Special Awards:
- Miss Friendship by Waterfront Ella Beverly Sarmago
- Miss Photogenic by NGenius Michelle Angelique Tan
- Kapamilya Star of the Night Ella Beverly Sarmago
- Ms. Glamour Girl Cathay Pacific Pierre Anther Infante
- Best Evening Gown Pierre Anther Infante
- Best Evening Gown Designer Cary Santiago