Christmas is peak season for stores as almost everyone buys things for gift giving and Noche Buena.
If you don’t want to get caught up by the hassle of Christmas shopping, well here are some tips for your perusal. 😉
1. If you can find a smaller store, go for it. As much as possible, stay away from department stores days before Christmas. One truth you should know is that the crowd of shoppers during Christmas buy double the number of items they usually buy on regular days. So, there’s a possibility of you getting stuck in long lines for an hour or two.
2. Make a checklist. Sometimes some of us forget what to buy because we become disturbed by the crowd. Taking with you a checklist would eliminate the chance of going back for something you didn’t remember to buy. You would also finish shopping faster.
3. Don’t bring your kids. Don’t risk bringing your kids to a crowded place such as the mall or the likes. Leave them at home or if you don’t have a choice, let them wear a name tag just in case.
4. Bring a recyclable or fold-able bag. There’s a No Plastic Saturdays in Cebu ordinance, so you might find yourself carrying many big paper bags that might not be able to carry the weight of your items. It’s good to be a girl scout who’s always prepared.
5. Go for the discounts, promos and special offers. What you should love about shopping during Christmas is that there’s a lot of buy-one-take-one offers and discounted items up for grabs. The best thing is: You get to SAVE.
6. Watch out for pick pockets. Christmas is high time for pick pockets. Knowing that people are actually looking for gifts and buying ingredients for the holiday celebration, pick pockets take this opportunity to spot prospect victims that are busy with their baggage. As a precautionary measure, don’t put your money in one bag. Put some coins in your jeans or stash some bills in your shoes or in a notebook.