- How Do You Make the Most of Holy Week?
- Cebu Metropolitan Cathedral’s Holy Week 2014 Schedule
- Prominent Retreat and Recollection Venues in Cebu
- Summer Classes in Cebu This 2014
- What Cebuano Students Can Do This Summer (Instead of Idling at Home)
- Iconic Churches in Cebu Every Catholic Devotee Should Visit
- Events to Watch Out For in Ayala Center Cebu this February 2014
- Date On A Budget: 10 Date Ideas In Cebu
- Bond with Your Pet through the Dogsport Event at Parkmall
- Goodbye to the Flappy Bird Phenomenon?
Master couturier Cary Santiago’s name has become synonymous with splendid laser-cut work or doily designs after around twenty years in the business of fashion. His exceptional talent has made him one of the most famous Cebuanos in high-fashion circles.
Cary Santiago began his career by designing for a Beirut haute couture house, and he was based in Dubai for about a decade. He also trained in Paris. He describes his design style as one of classic, glamorous, and romantic silhouettes with subtly opulent details. Cary incorporates this style into the bridal wear that he has become famous for designing. He also designed a line of fabulous shoes for the Maldita brand.
Cary won the 2004 grand prize of the Philippine Fashion Design Competition with a terno inspired by Pag-asa the Philippine eagle. The terno was made up of thousands of pieces of jusi, which were mounted on actual quills so that they would look like eagle feathers.
In November 2010, he was chosen as a contestant for the Outstanding International Fashion Designer Award category of the China Fashion Awards. He traveled to Shanghai to oversee the showcase of his designs and took home the award for which he was nominated.
Not one who is content to just rest on his laurels, Cary Santiago is a mentor to young designer John Herrera, who is gaining fame in his own right. Working from an atelier located at 176 Juana Osmeña Street in Cebu City, Cary Santiago designs his opulent creations for the adornment of some very fortunate women. You may get in contact with Cary Santiago’s atelier through (032)238-0429, (0917)505-9068 or email@example.com (updated 04/10/2012)