- Tita Julie’s Summer SurprisePosted 26 days ago
- 6th Olango ChallengePosted 28 days ago
- 2013 Cebu Horse Congress and FestivalPosted 30 days ago
- La Vossa Fashion Show on April 20Posted 35 days ago
- Break The Silence Run Opens Online RegistrationPosted 47 days ago
- SINGK(U)WENTO INTERNASYONALPosted 68 days ago
- Break the Silence RunPosted 68 days ago
- DigitalFilipino E-commerce SummitPosted 72 days ago
- Visayan Longboarding Trilogy 2013Posted 73 days ago
- Gold’s Gym Cebu Launches Pole DancingPosted 75 days ago
VECO: A Century of Lighting Up Cebu
Founded in 1905, Visayan Electric Company, Inc. continues to provide electric power to Cebu City, Mandaue City, Talisay City, and Naga City and the municipalities of Consolacion, Liloan, Minglanilla and San Fernando. VECO’s franchise service covers an estimated 1.73 million population.
VECO is the second largest electric utility in the Philippines. It is authorized by the Philippine government to install, operate, distribute, and maintain electric light, heat and power system in its covered cities and municipalities. The company is owned and managed by Aboitiz Power Corporation and Vivant Corporation. VECO shareholders’ roster is comprised of an estimated 800 individual shareholders.
To improve VECO’s services, the company uses a variety of state-of-the-art technologies in its operations. A Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition system is used to remotely monitor and control VECO’s electric distribution assets. A Geographic Information System is used to map and manage the company’s facilities.
In providing efficient services and reaching out to its consumers, VECO has opened a full service center at SM City Cebu in early 2005. To improve the company’s services in the southern part of Cebu, a second full service center was opened in Talisay City, in 2007. Over-the-counter payments can be coursed through these service centers. The VECO service center at the 3rd level of SM City Cebu is open from 10:00 AM to 7:00 PM daily.
More information regarding VECO, including its services, applications and payment options, is available at http://www.veco.com.ph/