- Tita Julie’s Summer SurprisePosted 28 days ago
- 6th Olango ChallengePosted 30 days ago
- 2013 Cebu Horse Congress and FestivalPosted 32 days ago
- La Vossa Fashion Show on April 20Posted 37 days ago
- Break The Silence Run Opens Online RegistrationPosted 49 days ago
- SINGK(U)WENTO INTERNASYONALPosted 70 days ago
- Break the Silence RunPosted 70 days ago
- DigitalFilipino E-commerce SummitPosted 74 days ago
- Visayan Longboarding Trilogy 2013Posted 75 days ago
- Gold’s Gym Cebu Launches Pole DancingPosted 77 days ago
Weesam Express, which is sometimes called SRN Fastcrafts, was started in 1997 as SRN Fast Seacrafts Inc., a company to operate passenger ferry boats in the southern part of the Philippines. The brand Weesam Express comes from the name of the youngest son of Hadji Wahab A. Amil, the company’s chairman-president. SRN Fastcrafts, which owns and manages Weesam Express vessels, is based in Zamboanga City.
SRN Fast Seacrafts Inc. acquired its first steel-hull passenger boat from the operator of the Bullet Express and commissioned the boat to be finished by the Yong Choo Kui Shipyard, Sdn. Bhd. in Sibu, Sarawak, Malaysia. The inaugural voyage of this seacraft was on September 21, 1997, from Zamboanga City to Jolo, Sulu. Later on, the regular airplane flight to Jolo was cancelled because aside from the fact that taking the M/V Weesam Express was cheaper, the Weesam Express travel time was only three hours.
In the Visayan waters, the areas where Weesam Express deploys its passenger ferries include the Cebu City to Ormoc and vice versa route and the Cebu City to Dumaguete to Dapitan in northern Mindanao and vice versa route. This area was served by fast passenger ferries in the past, but for unknown reasons, most operators abandon them.
For updated trip schedules and promos, please refer to Weesam’s official Web site, http://www.weesamexpressph.net/schedules/ (Updated 03/11/2013) You can also check out the official Weesam Express page on Facebook
The ticket office for Weesam Express in Toledo City, Cebu, is in the Toledo Reclamation Area. The office cell phone numbers are (0917)710-4967 and (0927)374-7321.