- Events to Watch Out For in Ayala Center Cebu this February 2014
- More Date Ideas for V-Day 2014!
- Date On A Budget: 10 Date Ideas In Cebu
- Bond with Your Pet through the Dogsport Event at Parkmall
- Goodbye to the Flappy Bird Phenomenon?
- Power of Two: A Valentines Concert Treat from Aiza and Charice
- Flappy Bird: Why People Won’t Stop Talking about It
- By Request – Bamboo and Yeng Concert in Cebu!
- SM 2 SM: SM City Cebu’s Fun Run Year 4!
- A First-Hand Experience of Yolanda’s Wrath
Lite Shipping Corporation
Lite Shipping Corporation is a Cebu-based shipping line. The fleet currently consists of fifteen (15) roll-on/roll-off vessels, twelve (12) passenger vessels and three (3) cargo ships.
In 1988, Lirio Enterprises, Inc., a general trading firm, bought two vessels. This marked the start of their shipping division, which was called Lite Shipping. The wholly-owned subsidiary began operations with MV Sto. Niño de Soledad and MV Sto. Niño. The vessels were initially used to transport goods traded by the mother company, which included salt, sugar, rice, cement, and fertilizers, among others.
In 1989, Lite Shipping was spun off as a separate corporation.
In 1991, due to the stronger demand for cargo shipping in Lirio Enterprises’ trading operation, Lite Shipping acquired MV St. Gabriel, which is its third cargo vessel.
In 1992, Lite Shipping expanded into the business of cargo/passenger shipping with the purchase of a roro carrier, the LCT St. Mark. The roro is presently the franchise holder as a daily ferry for the route that plies Argao, Cebu – Loon, Bohol. It plans to purchase a bigger and faster vessel to replace the LCT St. Mark’s Cebu – Bohol route. The latter will be assigned another car/truck ferry route.
Lite Shipping Corporation’s head office is in M. J. Cuenco Ave., Cebu City. It also has accredited booking offices in Cebu, including RB Shipping Agency at 62 Colon Street, Cebu City, and Mail & More at the 2nd level of Paseo Marina, Ayala Center Cebu City. For inquiries, you can call Lite Shipping’s office at these numbers: (032) 255-1721 to 26, (032) 414-9001 to 03. You can also check out their Web site at http://www.lite-shipping.com/