- How Do You Make the Most of Holy Week?
- Cebu Metropolitan Cathedral’s Holy Week 2014 Schedule
- Prominent Retreat and Recollection Venues in Cebu
- Summer Classes in Cebu This 2014
- What Cebuano Students Can Do This Summer (Instead of Idling at Home)
- Iconic Churches in Cebu Every Catholic Devotee Should Visit
- Events to Watch Out For in Ayala Center Cebu this February 2014
- Date On A Budget: 10 Date Ideas In Cebu
- Bond with Your Pet through the Dogsport Event at Parkmall
- Goodbye to the Flappy Bird Phenomenon?
Cebu International School
Cebu International School, whose mailing address is P.O. Box 735, Pit-os, Talamban, Cebu City, is a private secular institution that offers nursery to grade 12 college preparatory international education. It is a non-stock, non-profit, independent corporation run by a Board of Trustees elected from the parent body. The school was established in 1924, educating both domestic and international communities. The former tutorial five-room schoolhouse grew and was awarded the Republic Act 9190 by the Philippine government. This gave CIS full recognition as an international educational institution, which is the only school in the Visayas region with this acknowledgment.
CIS, which generally has an international curriculum, is a day school that uses English as its language of instruction. Its school year starts in August and ends in May. The school seeks to develop “well-balanced, global citizens who are intelligent, dynamic, technologically competent, environmentally concerned and respect universal moral values within the multinational environment of an ever-changing interdependent world.” The school’s ESL curriculum, International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme and after-school activities enrich and widen the students’ academic subjects. Accredited by the Western Association of School and Colleges (WASC), CIS provides its students with the necessary skills to succeed in the 21st century.
For more information on CIS, you may visit their Web site at www.cis.edu.ph or call the following numbers:
Superintendent’s Office – +63 (032) 401-1907
Elementary Office – +63 (032) 401-1905 / 401-1900 to 03 (local 124)
Middle/High School Office - +63 (032) 401-1906 or 417-1900 to 03 (local 103)
Marketing / Registrar Office – +63 (032) 401-1908 / 401-1900 to 03 (local 120)