- Tita Julie’s Summer SurprisePosted 24 days ago
- 6th Olango ChallengePosted 26 days ago
- 2013 Cebu Horse Congress and FestivalPosted 28 days ago
- La Vossa Fashion Show on April 20Posted 33 days ago
- Break The Silence Run Opens Online RegistrationPosted 45 days ago
- SINGK(U)WENTO INTERNASYONALPosted 66 days ago
- Break the Silence RunPosted 66 days ago
- DigitalFilipino E-commerce SummitPosted 70 days ago
- Visayan Longboarding Trilogy 2013Posted 71 days ago
- Gold’s Gym Cebu Launches Pole DancingPosted 73 days ago
Gaisano Country Mall
I remember years back – sometime in the early 90′s — that my sisters and I excitedly went to a new mall that had just opened. We felt like little princesses rushing down the grand stairs and the sparkling marble floor. Yes, the grocery just looked massive, clean, white, shiny and new. The entire place – the huge columns, the balconies, the escalators, the architecture – was like a castle.
We ran through aisles and aisles of colorful goodies and junk food. I remember buying my Yan Yan the first day my family and I went to Gaisano Country Mall.
Indeed, Gaisano Country Mall is one of the first big malls in Cebu City. It has become a landmark in the Banilad area. Back then, as far as I was concerned, it was a major sign of glorious “civilization”.
Now that SM City Cebu and Ayala Center Cebu are around and constantly expanding and undergoing impressive facelifts, I still feel at home with Gaisano Country Mall. It may no longer be as big as it looked like when I was a kid and it may not have renovated like the other malls, but it still retains its own beauty.
Gaisano Country Mall is indeed convenient for those living nearby. If you crave for fast food, there is Jollibee and Chowking. Other notable food establishments are Red Ribbon, Pizza Hut, Goldilocks, Black Angus, Lighthouse Restaurant, Family Choice Restaurant, A Taste of Mandarin and Ofukusan Japanese Restaurant. I must say Ofukusan has the best California Makis around.
Gaisano Country Mall is known to be economical for consumers. Most stores and products there are actually cheaper, compared to most shops, say, in Ayala or SM. The movies are also cheaper! You can enjoy widescreen entertainment for lower prices. A Gaisano Bowlingplex is also located at the back of the mall.
Gaisano Country Mall is located in Banilad Road, Cebu City. You may contact them at (032)231-1481.
I still keep going back there for a Yan Yan and other grocery goodies. It’s still a castle to me!