- How Do You Make the Most of Holy Week?
- Cebu Metropolitan Cathedral’s Holy Week 2014 Schedule
- Prominent Retreat and Recollection Venues in Cebu
- Summer Classes in Cebu This 2014
- What Cebuano Students Can Do This Summer (Instead of Idling at Home)
- Iconic Churches in Cebu Every Catholic Devotee Should Visit
- Events to Watch Out For in Ayala Center Cebu this February 2014
- Date On A Budget: 10 Date Ideas In Cebu
- Bond with Your Pet through the Dogsport Event at Parkmall
- Goodbye to the Flappy Bird Phenomenon?
Vicente Sotto Memorial Medical Center
Vicente Sotto Memorial Medical Center (VSMMC) is a public general and tertiary medical center, as well as a teaching/training medical facility. It is located at B. Rodriguez Street, Sambag I, Cebu City.
The original name of VSMM was Hospital del Sur, then it changed to Southern Islands Hospital. Though the hospital started operating in 1911, it was not formally established until 1913. With only 30 beds at the beginning, it already had 350 beds when it was leveled up to a medical center in 1984. On May 21, 1992, the name was changed in honor of Senator Vicente Sotto.
As a fulfillment of the institution’s goal to expand and improve its services, VSMM was authorized to operate up to 800 beds on June 22, 1998 through the Republic Act 8658.
VSMMC offers the following services:
Ear, Nose, and Throat (ENT)
Family & Community Medicine
Operating Room Services
VSMMC may be reached through phone at (032) 253-9891 to 99 or at the following other numbers:
ER Dept. – (032) 255-1595
Admin Building – (032) 253-4423
Administrative Office – (032) 255-9889
Psychiatric Ward – (032) 255-4703
Outpatient Dept. – (032) 255-1147
Its Web site is http://www.vsmmc.ph/ (updated 02/18/2013)