- How Do You Make the Most of Holy Week?
- Cebu Metropolitan Cathedral’s Holy Week 2014 Schedule
- Prominent Retreat and Recollection Venues in Cebu
- Summer Classes in Cebu This 2014
- What Cebuano Students Can Do This Summer (Instead of Idling at Home)
- Iconic Churches in Cebu Every Catholic Devotee Should Visit
- Events to Watch Out For in Ayala Center Cebu this February 2014
- Date On A Budget: 10 Date Ideas In Cebu
- Bond with Your Pet through the Dogsport Event at Parkmall
- Goodbye to the Flappy Bird Phenomenon?
St. Anthony Mother and Child Hospital
St. Anthony Mother and Child Hospital (SAMCH) in Basak, San Nicolas, Cebu City, is envisioned as a globally competitive, community-oriented specialized hospital for maternal and child health care services, as promised in the SAMCH Citizen’s Charter. Its mandate is primarily to provide maternity and pediatric care to region VII’s urban poor, especially in Cebu City and the neighboring cities and municipalities. The hospital’s services include the following: emergency room, inpatient, outpatient, medical laboratory, medical records, medical social, pharmacy, drug testing, radiology, billing & PhilHealth, and cash section.
SAMCH, formerly the Vicente Sotto Memorial Medical Center Extension I, has been in existence since 1991, initially operating as an outpatient service. In 1994, it became an independent 25-bed hospital providing obstetric, gynecologic, and pediatric care to the urban poor of the south district of Cebu and its neighboring municipalities. In 1998, construction of a birthing center with two rooms and a kitchen was completed.
The hospital is one of the retained facilities of the Department of Health, specifically its Center for Health Development – Central Visayas. You can visit the hospital’s Web site at http://samch.doh.gov.ph/ or call +63 (32) 261-9989.