- Tita Julie’s Summer SurprisePosted 28 days ago
- 6th Olango ChallengePosted 30 days ago
- 2013 Cebu Horse Congress and FestivalPosted 32 days ago
- La Vossa Fashion Show on April 20Posted 37 days ago
- Break The Silence Run Opens Online RegistrationPosted 49 days ago
- SINGK(U)WENTO INTERNASYONALPosted 69 days ago
- Break the Silence RunPosted 70 days ago
- DigitalFilipino E-commerce SummitPosted 74 days ago
- Visayan Longboarding Trilogy 2013Posted 75 days ago
- Gold’s Gym Cebu Launches Pole DancingPosted 77 days ago
Philippine Red Cross Cebu Chapter
The Philippine Red Cross (PRC) Cebu Chapter is located at Osmeña Blvd., Cebu City, to provide humanitarian services to Cebuanos.
Formerly known as the Philippine National Red Cross, the first PRC branch was established in 1947. It is a member of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement. The organization commits to providing excellent life-saving services that care for the life and dignity especially of poor Filipinos in difficult situations.
In the past, the organization only focused on providing blood, assisting disaster victims and giving first-aid. It now provides various humanitarian services using a holistic approach to improve the condition of the most vulnerable. Currently, the services that PRC provides are national blood services, disaster management services, safety services, community health and nursing, and social services. In 2003, the International Humanitarian Law was formed, which according to Section 3 of Republic Act 10072 (Philippine Red Cross Charter), PRC “shall be recognized as the voluntary, independent, and autonomous nongovernmental society auxiliary to the authorities of the Republic of the Philippines in the humanitarian field to assist said authorities in discharging the obligations set forth in the Geneva Conventions.”
Those who wish to become volunteers will have to fill out an application form. They will be interviewed briefly and they will be required to attend the Red Cross orientation course. Certificates will be given to volunteers who have passed regular Red Cross trainings. The Red Cross Youth is for volunteers in the elementary, high school and college and those from the community.
For more information on PRC’s services or how to become a volunteer, visit their Web site at redcross.org.ph or call (032) 253-9793.