- How Do You Make the Most of Holy Week?
- Cebu Metropolitan Cathedral’s Holy Week 2014 Schedule
- Prominent Retreat and Recollection Venues in Cebu
- Summer Classes in Cebu This 2014
- What Cebuano Students Can Do This Summer (Instead of Idling at Home)
- Iconic Churches in Cebu Every Catholic Devotee Should Visit
- Events to Watch Out For in Ayala Center Cebu this February 2014
- Date On A Budget: 10 Date Ideas In Cebu
- Bond with Your Pet through the Dogsport Event at Parkmall
- Goodbye to the Flappy Bird Phenomenon?
Cebu Velez General Hospital
The Cebu (Velez) General Hospital is a 200-bed capacity hospital that serves a minimum of 8,000 patients annually. It also has a 30-bassinet nursery and has been recognized as the first private Mother-Baby Friendly hospital in the Philippines. It is currently implementing rooming-in. The hospital also maintains an intensive care unit, modern laboratories, a radiology department, and a rehabilitation department.
Velez was established as a private clinic in 1946. It continues to provide quality patient care as it expanded to its present capacity as a tertiary hospital. It boasts of complete clinical laboratory and x-ray facilities and services.
CVGH is the main training hospital of the Cebu Institute of Medicine (CIM). The CIM clinical and teaching departments include Medicine, Surgery, Pediatrics, OB-GYN and Opthalmology, and ENT. CIM is a 5-storey building. Three classrooms, each with a 50-student capacity, occupy each floor. It also houses three air-conditioned amphitheaters with a 150 seating capacity each.
The CVGH outpatient department along with the dental office and a conference room occupy the ground floor of the CIM building.
CVGH is located at 41 F. Ramos Street, Cebu City. CIM is located at corner F. Ramos and V. Ranudo Streets. For more information, contact CIM at (032) 253-1871, or visit their Web site at http://www.cim.edu.ph. You can also send them an e-mail message at this address: email@example.com.
For MEDICard members, contact CVGH at these numbers (032) 253-1871 to 79, and look for the coordinator, Manuel Emerson Donaldo, M.D. You can also send them a facsimile at (032) 253-7996.