- Tita Julie’s Summer SurprisePosted 24 days ago
- 6th Olango ChallengePosted 26 days ago
- 2013 Cebu Horse Congress and FestivalPosted 29 days ago
- La Vossa Fashion Show on April 20Posted 33 days ago
- Break The Silence Run Opens Online RegistrationPosted 45 days ago
- SINGK(U)WENTO INTERNASYONALPosted 66 days ago
- Break the Silence RunPosted 67 days ago
- DigitalFilipino E-commerce SummitPosted 71 days ago
- Visayan Longboarding Trilogy 2013Posted 72 days ago
- Gold’s Gym Cebu Launches Pole DancingPosted 74 days ago
The Municipality of Malabuyoc, Cebu, is home to the majestic Montaneza Falls, which boasts four sets of waterfalls. The highest of the four waterfalls is about 30 meters high or 98 feet high, which is almost as high as a nine-story building.
The Montaneza River that flows its way through a narrow ravine is the source of water for the falls. The area and hills around the waterfalls is surrounded by lush tropical plants and trees.
The waterfalls has become popular in recent years due to the sport of canyoning, which has become one of the tourist attractions in the area. Canyoning is a recreational sports activity that uses a variety of techniques that may include walking, scrambling, climbing, jumping, abseiling or swimming in canyons through their cliffs, rivers and waterfalls.
There are several travel agencies and resorts based in Cebu City that offer day tour packages that include canyoning for tourists and sports enthusiasts who want to experience the sport in Montaneza Falls and its surrounding area. The canyon tour packages involve hiking to the peak of Montaneza Falls, climbing and jumping down the rapids of the small waterfalls, and one of the highlights of the tour is the descent down the 30-meter high waterfall. Professional and trained guides will assist you in the canyon tour to ensure your safety while you enjoy the excitement and thrill of the experience.
Other popular activities in the Montaneza Falls include taking a shower directly under the cool and refreshing rapids of the waterfalls or taking a swim in the river below the waterfalls.
Montaneza Falls is located in the Municipality of Malabuyoc, Cebu, and is about 126 kilometers southwest of Cebu City. The town of Malbuyoc can be reached by public buses or private vans for hire from the Cebu South Bus Terminal in Cebu City. Estimated travel time is three hours.