- Tita Julie’s Summer SurprisePosted 29 days ago
- 6th Olango ChallengePosted 31 days ago
- 2013 Cebu Horse Congress and FestivalPosted 33 days ago
- La Vossa Fashion Show on April 20Posted 38 days ago
- Break The Silence Run Opens Online RegistrationPosted 50 days ago
- SINGK(U)WENTO INTERNASYONALPosted 71 days ago
- Break the Silence RunPosted 72 days ago
- DigitalFilipino E-commerce SummitPosted 76 days ago
- Visayan Longboarding Trilogy 2013Posted 77 days ago
- Gold’s Gym Cebu Launches Pole DancingPosted 79 days ago
Lake Danao Park
Lake Danao, also known as the Lover’s lake, is probably one of the most breathtaking and amazing sights you’ll ever experience in Camotes Island. The guitar-shaped lake sits in the northern part of Pacijan Island, one of the islands in Camotes, located in the province of Cebu. From Cebu, it takes about two hours to reach the island by boat. Lake Danao Park is one of the tourist access points in reaching the lake. One cannot help but be mesmerized by the tranquility of the place where chirping birds serenade and an easy breeze soothes your spirit.
Lake Danao Park is situated north of Mangodlong and Santiago Bay, just about 20-30 minutes of travel time in going to the town of Campo and Union. Motorcycles are the main transportation here. The ride will cost around Php50 to Php100 in going to Lake Danao Park if you’re staying in Pacijan. You will need to pay higher if you’re staying somewhere farther than the Causeway. Lake Danao Park has been developed and maintained by the Local Government of San Francisco in Camotes. Its natural beauty is one of a kind and is the home of fresh tilapia, lush greens and distinctive ducks. Tourists can spend their leisure time boating, fishing, or having a picnic and relaxing under the cool breeze.
A visit at Lake Danao Park is not complete unless you partake in the wonderful experience of a scenic lake cruise, otherwise known as “Sakanaw.” This is a one-hour outrigger boat ride that takes you around the coasts of the lake to get a better view of its awesome beauty. You also get to visit a small islet inside Lake Danao, where tourists can step on the small island if they wish to have a picture taken in the islet.
Entrance fees come in very affordable rates. It would only cost Php10 for adults and Php5 for children. The Sakanaw ride costs Php500 but can accommodate a maximum of 15 persons. There are also food stations and picnic areas available for the visitors. The park opens 6 a.m. to 6 p.m.