- Tita Julie’s Summer SurprisePosted 26 days ago
- 6th Olango ChallengePosted 29 days ago
- 2013 Cebu Horse Congress and FestivalPosted 31 days ago
- La Vossa Fashion Show on April 20Posted 36 days ago
- Break The Silence Run Opens Online RegistrationPosted 47 days ago
- SINGK(U)WENTO INTERNASYONALPosted 68 days ago
- Break the Silence RunPosted 69 days ago
- DigitalFilipino E-commerce SummitPosted 73 days ago
- Visayan Longboarding Trilogy 2013Posted 74 days ago
- Gold’s Gym Cebu Launches Pole DancingPosted 76 days ago
The Kawasan Falls is a three-layered waterfall series located in the Municipality of Badian, Cebu, which has become popular with foreign and local tourists throughout the years. The first waterfall is the largest and highest of the three falls, while the two falls uphill are much smaller.
When you reach the main road leading to Kawasan Falls, there is a main entrance to the waterfalls area and an entrance fee of Php10 per person. (Updated 07/15/11) From there, you go on a 20- to 30-minute trek on a trail that will lead you to the first waterfall.
You will then have to trek a further 10 to 15 minutes uphill to get to the second waterfall, and another 15-minute trek to the third waterfalls. The walk up to the three waterfalls is never boring as the surroundings are filled with various trees, lush vegetation and the sparkling flow of the Kawasan River along the way.
There is a resort with restaurant at the area of the first waterfalls. There are small cottages and tables for rent and several rooms for rent for those who want to stay overnight. A popular attraction is a bamboo raft ride leading to a shower under the cool falling waters of the first and second waterfall.
Kawasan Falls is located in Barangay Matutinao in the Municipality of Badian, Cebu. To get to Badian, you can take a bus at the South Bus Terminal for a three-hour ride that will directly take you to Badian. From there, you can take a tricycle that will take you to Barangay Matutinao.
If you are taking a private vehicle, drive past the Municipality of Carcar, and upon reaching the Municipality of Badian through a cross-mountain road, drive to Matutinao village. You can always ask for directions from people along the way if it is your first time to go to Kawasan Falls, so you won’t get lost.