- Tita Julie’s Summer SurprisePosted 29 days ago
- 6th Olango ChallengePosted 31 days ago
- 2013 Cebu Horse Congress and FestivalPosted 33 days ago
- La Vossa Fashion Show on April 20Posted 38 days ago
- Break The Silence Run Opens Online RegistrationPosted 50 days ago
- SINGK(U)WENTO INTERNASYONALPosted 71 days ago
- Break the Silence RunPosted 71 days ago
- DigitalFilipino E-commerce SummitPosted 75 days ago
- Visayan Longboarding Trilogy 2013Posted 76 days ago
- Gold’s Gym Cebu Launches Pole DancingPosted 78 days ago
Argao Nature Park
If you want to retreat from the hustle and bustle of the city on a tight budget, Argao Nature Park is your best bet. With an entrance fee of only P5.00, you will be surprised at what this park has to offer. With its forest feel, this is definitely a perfect place to unwind.
Both nature lovers and adventure seekers would appreciate Argao Nature Park. When you get inside, you will experience nature at its best plus more. The place is reminiscent of a forest, with a modern touch added to it. Nipa huts are enveloped by giant trees and leafy plants, giving you that quiescence feeling. There is a mini zoo that houses monitor lizards, rabbits, snakes, birds and fishes. After strolling around, take a boat ride in their small fishpond for only P5.00.
For added adventure, you may want to do some wall climbing that only costs P10.00 per climb. For the brave ones, the park also offers zip lining for only P20.00. It’s not too high but it can surely get your adrenaline pumping. And when all of these are done, take some snacks in their canteen where they serve affordable delicious snacks and refreshing drinks. Don’t miss their fresh fruit shakes, as well as Argao’s delicacies.
Argao is a municipality located at the southeastern portion of the province of Cebu, approximately 68 kilometers from Cebu City. It is exactly between Cebu City and Santander, the southern tip of the island. If you don’t have your own transportation, you may reach Argao within two hours either by bus or van. It is easy to get around because there are motorcycles and tricycles for hire.
You’re probably drooling already after reading this article. Go ahead, invite your friends and plan your visit to Argao’s Nature Park. The telephone number for the park is (032) 367-7707. (updated 08/11/2011)