- Tita Julie’s Summer SurprisePosted 24 days ago
- 6th Olango ChallengePosted 26 days ago
- 2013 Cebu Horse Congress and FestivalPosted 28 days ago
- La Vossa Fashion Show on April 20Posted 33 days ago
- Break The Silence Run Opens Online RegistrationPosted 45 days ago
- SINGK(U)WENTO INTERNASYONALPosted 66 days ago
- Break the Silence RunPosted 66 days ago
- DigitalFilipino E-commerce SummitPosted 70 days ago
- Visayan Longboarding Trilogy 2013Posted 71 days ago
- Gold’s Gym Cebu Launches Pole DancingPosted 73 days ago
Santing Scalawags Bags “Reggae Meets Reggae” Top Prize
The rain did not stop the competing reggae bands from giving their best at Waterfront Mactan’s “Reggae Meets Reggae” held at the hotel’s poolside last Saturday, October 16, 2010. It was a reggae party filled with fun healthy competition and exciting giveaways.
The band Santing Skalawags bagged the top prize and received P5, 000 and Waterfront Mactan goodies. Indefums was the second placer, who got P3, 000, while Roots Revival received P2, 000 after finishing in third place.
The winners were determined based on musicality, originality, stage presence and audience impact. It was probably tough for the judges to choose the winners since the participants showcased different styles and interpretations of the genre. The bands represented different reggae sounds like roots, pop reggae, dancehall, rock reggae and even experimental.
During the event, they gave away three overnight stays for two at any Waterfront Hotel in Cebu, five spa certificates from Cebu Paradise Spa and seven “Reggae Meets Reggae” shirts.
Skankin’ Brews ended the night with 12 island reggae songs.
Waterfront Mactan’s “Reggae Meets Reggae” was indeed one great party! For those who were not able to come, stay tuned for Everything Cebu’s video blog of the fun event.