- Tita Julie’s Summer SurprisePosted 26 days ago
- 6th Olango ChallengePosted 28 days ago
- 2013 Cebu Horse Congress and FestivalPosted 31 days ago
- La Vossa Fashion Show on April 20Posted 36 days ago
- Break The Silence Run Opens Online RegistrationPosted 47 days ago
- SINGK(U)WENTO INTERNASYONALPosted 68 days ago
- Break the Silence RunPosted 69 days ago
- DigitalFilipino E-commerce SummitPosted 73 days ago
- Visayan Longboarding Trilogy 2013Posted 74 days ago
- Gold’s Gym Cebu Launches Pole DancingPosted 76 days ago
Abellana Cebu City Sports Center
Abellana Cebu City Sports Center, formerly known as the Abellana Oval, has made such a positive difference in Cebuanos’ lives. The sports center has encouraged many a Cebuano to take an interest in sports and live a healthier lifestyle. This has also inspired the development of different kinds of sports activities.
In 1993, Cebu had won the bidding for the hosting of the 1994 Palarong Pambansa (Philippine National Games). Located at the Abellana National School grounds, the Abellana Cebu City Sports Center was constructed for the 1994 Palarong Pambansa. For the Abellana Oval to accommodate the games and events, the Department of Education, Culture and Sports (DECS) and the Philippine Sports Commission (PSC) proposed its renovation and the construction of additional facilities. The renovation was completed on time and boasts the following facilities: rubberization of the Abellana Oval, consisting of 400 meters of world-standard material and specifications; stadium that could accommodate 12,000 to 15,000; 50-meter by 25-meter swimming pool with ten lanes; 15-meter by 10-meter warm-up pool, gymnasium, ballroom, workout area, and multipurpose rooms for different indoor sports and games.
The successful renovation of the Abellana Oval, now known as Abellana Cebu City Sports Center, has made possible Cebu’s hosting of the 1994 Palarong Pambansa. In 2005, Abellana Cebu City Sports Center hosted seven game categories of the Southeast Asian (SEA) Games. It has also become the venue for Cebu’s Sinulog celebration held every third Sunday of January.
General Entrance Fee: (Updated 07/14/2011)
6 a.m. – 6 p.m. – Php10
6 p.m. – 8 p.m. – Php15
For more information, you may contact the following numbers: (032) 253-1091 or (032) 254-8567 or visit the Cebu City Sports Center Facebook page