- How Do You Make the Most of Holy Week?
- Cebu Metropolitan Cathedral’s Holy Week 2014 Schedule
- Prominent Retreat and Recollection Venues in Cebu
- Summer Classes in Cebu This 2014
- What Cebuano Students Can Do This Summer (Instead of Idling at Home)
- Iconic Churches in Cebu Every Catholic Devotee Should Visit
- Events to Watch Out For in Ayala Center Cebu this February 2014
- Date On A Budget: 10 Date Ideas In Cebu
- Bond with Your Pet through the Dogsport Event at Parkmall
- Goodbye to the Flappy Bird Phenomenon?
Abellana Cebu City Sports Center
Abellana Cebu City Sports Center, formerly known as the Abellana Oval, has made such a positive difference in Cebuanos’ lives. The sports center has encouraged many a Cebuano to take an interest in sports and live a healthier lifestyle. This has also inspired the development of different kinds of sports activities.
In 1993, Cebu had won the bidding for the hosting of the 1994 Palarong Pambansa (Philippine National Games). Located at the Abellana National School grounds, the Abellana Cebu City Sports Center was constructed for the 1994 Palarong Pambansa. For the Abellana Oval to accommodate the games and events, the Department of Education, Culture and Sports (DECS) and the Philippine Sports Commission (PSC) proposed its renovation and the construction of additional facilities. The renovation was completed on time and boasts the following facilities: rubberization of the Abellana Oval, consisting of 400 meters of world-standard material and specifications; stadium that could accommodate 12,000 to 15,000; 50-meter by 25-meter swimming pool with ten lanes; 15-meter by 10-meter warm-up pool, gymnasium, ballroom, workout area, and multipurpose rooms for different indoor sports and games.
The successful renovation of the Abellana Oval, now known as Abellana Cebu City Sports Center, has made possible Cebu’s hosting of the 1994 Palarong Pambansa. In 2005, Abellana Cebu City Sports Center hosted seven game categories of the Southeast Asian (SEA) Games. It has also become the venue for Cebu’s Sinulog celebration held every third Sunday of January.
General Entrance Fee: (Updated 07/14/2011)
6 a.m. – 6 p.m. – Php10
6 p.m. – 8 p.m. – Php15
For more information, you may contact the following numbers: (032) 253-1091 or (032) 254-8567 or visit the Cebu City Sports Center Facebook page