- Tita Julie’s Summer SurprisePosted 28 days ago
- 6th Olango ChallengePosted 30 days ago
- 2013 Cebu Horse Congress and FestivalPosted 32 days ago
- La Vossa Fashion Show on April 20Posted 37 days ago
- Break The Silence Run Opens Online RegistrationPosted 49 days ago
- SINGK(U)WENTO INTERNASYONALPosted 69 days ago
- Break the Silence RunPosted 70 days ago
- DigitalFilipino E-commerce SummitPosted 74 days ago
- Visayan Longboarding Trilogy 2013Posted 75 days ago
- Gold’s Gym Cebu Launches Pole DancingPosted 77 days ago
Waterfront Mactan’s Masskara Festival Getaway Promo
Want to be part of Bacolod’s much awaited MassKara Festival? Waterfront Mactan Hotel and Casino is giving you a chance to win roundtrip airline tickets and accommodations for two to the City of Smiles. All you have to do is dine at UNO from October 1-8, 2010 and you will be given raffle coupons. Savor UNO’s delectable continental buffet and a la carte dishes and, during these dates, indulge in some of Bacolod’s specialties.
MassKara Festival is celebrated on the third weekend of October closest to October 19, the city’s charter day anniversary. The term MassKara comes from the words mass, meaning crowd, and cara, the Spanish word for the face. This feast allows local and foreign visitors to drink and be merry for 20 days. The festival kicks off with mask-making contests, food fairs, beauty pageants, drinking and eating contests, brass band competitions, a windsurfing regatta, trade fairs and exhibits. The highlight of the festival is the Mardi Gras parade where revelers put on intricate masks and costumes and dance to Latin rhythms. Apart from the street dance competition, watch out for the Electric MassKara. Now on its 4th year in the festival, Electric MassKara will showcase dancers who are colorfully lit. This would definitely make Bacolod’s antique houses and old churches that date back to the Spanish regime vibrant in the night.