- A First-Hand Experience of Yolanda’s Wrath
- Your First Sinulog Festival Experience
- We’re Hiring!
- Cebu Water Park Destinations
- Crimson Resorts
- 6th Olango Challenge
- 2013 Cebu Horse Congress and Festival
- La Vossa Fashion Show on April 20
- Break The Silence Run Opens Online Registration
- SINGK(U)WENTO INTERNASYONAL
Dolphin House Resort
The Municipality of Moalboal in the southwestern portion of the province of Cebu has become a famous tourist destination due to the presence of several dive sites surrounding the town, which includes the Dolphin House Beach Resort.
A three-hectare tropical garden, Dolphin House Beach Resort is situated at the tip of Bas Daku (White Beach), Moalboal. This place offers great opportunities for snorkeling and diving.
Here are their rates:
- Panorama Terrace Room - PhP4,500 (single); PhP6,000 (double); PhP7,000 (triple). This type of room is connected to a large balcony that overlooks the pool area.
- Deluxe Bungalow - PhP5,500 (single); PhP8,000 (double); PhP9,500 (triple). This type of room has its own private terrace with a wonderful view of the surrounding tropical garden.
- Suite Bungalow - PhP6,000 (single); PhP9,500 (double); PhP11,000 (triple); PhP12,300 (quad). This type of room has two floors with living room, balcony and terrace.
The resort has its own PADI dive center to provide its guests the best services possible and carry out all their needs. Other sites near the resort are the marine sanctuary, airplane wreck, White Beach point, Tuble reef, Kasai point, Pescador Island, and more.
When you go halfway into the dive between 17 meters and 22 meters deep, you will see many small caves. If you look inside the caves, there is a very good chance you will see some Moray eels and turtles. You will also see some big colorful sea fans and nice black corals at 20 meters deep. The reef fishes you will see include Fusiliers, Damselfish, Anthias fish, Angelfish, Butterfly fish, Puffer fish and Moorish idol and if you are lucky, you will sometimes see some whitetip sharks and whale sharks. Other marine animals you will see are pygmy sea horses and shrimps.
The Dolphin House Beach Resort is located at White Beach, Saavedra, Moalboal, Cebu. For inquiries and reservations, please call (032) 474-0073. You may also check out their Web site at www.moalboal.net
The Municipality of Moalboal is on the southwest coast of Cebu and about 88 kilometers from Cebu City. A variety of Ceres and Librando buses and some vans for hire at the Cebu South Bus Terminal ply the route going to Moalboal. The estimated travel time from Cebu City to Moalboal is about 2 ½ hours. Once you get to Moalboal, you can ask tricycle drivers to take you to the resort. (Update 07/19/11)