- Events to Watch Out For in Ayala Center Cebu this February 2014
- More Date Ideas for V-Day 2014!
- Date On A Budget: 10 Date Ideas In Cebu
- Bond with Your Pet through the Dogsport Event at Parkmall
- Goodbye to the Flappy Bird Phenomenon?
- Power of Two: A Valentines Concert Treat from Aiza and Charice
- Flappy Bird: Why People Won’t Stop Talking about It
- By Request – Bamboo and Yeng Concert in Cebu!
- SM 2 SM: SM City Cebu’s Fun Run Year 4!
- A First-Hand Experience of Yolanda’s Wrath
Rosquillos are cookies that originated from the Municipality of Liloan, Cebu. The cookies are circular in shape with flower-like edges and a ring-shaped hole in the center. It is a snack unique to Cebu and is a favorite snack of locals and expatriate Cebuanos in the United States. The late Philippine president Sergio Osmeña Sr. reputedly gave the name of rosquillos from the Spanish word rosca, meaning ringlet.
Margarita “Titay” T. Frasco created the rosquillos in 1907 in the town of Liloan. She later founded Titay’s Liloan Rosquillos and Delicacies Inc., the pioneer and premier company producing delicious and fine-quality rosquillos in Cebu. Descendants of her family presently run the company, which now produces other native snacks. Titay’s Rosquillos supplies and delivers its products to supermarkets in Cebu City and has several retail outlets in the city.
The packaging of the rosquillos states that the cookies are made of flour, eggs, shortening, sugar and baking powder, with no preservatives and artificial colorings. However, descendants of the Frasco family claim that the recipe for the rosquillos is a patented family recipe passed on to succeeding generations of the family.
Although there have been other bakeshops creating and selling their own rosquillos, many people still attest that they prefer the original Titay’s Rosquillos because of its unique and delicious taste.
Titay’s is located in Poblacion, Liloan, Cebu. You may call them at (032)564-2993 or 424-8888.