- Tita Julie’s Summer SurprisePosted 27 days ago
- 6th Olango ChallengePosted 29 days ago
- 2013 Cebu Horse Congress and FestivalPosted 31 days ago
- La Vossa Fashion Show on April 20Posted 36 days ago
- Break The Silence Run Opens Online RegistrationPosted 48 days ago
- SINGK(U)WENTO INTERNASYONALPosted 69 days ago
- Break the Silence RunPosted 69 days ago
- DigitalFilipino E-commerce SummitPosted 73 days ago
- Visayan Longboarding Trilogy 2013Posted 74 days ago
- Gold’s Gym Cebu Launches Pole DancingPosted 76 days ago
Inday Celia’s Guitar
When you think of Mactan Island, Cebu, what probably comes into mind, aside from the famous Lapu-Lapu Shrine and the various first-class beaches, is no other than the Cebu-made guitars.
The history of guitar-making in Cebu traces back to the Spanish era. Crafting of guitars eventually became an industry which involved families. The prominent guitar makers in Cebu include the Malingin family, in particular the three siblings: Susing, Lilang & Quirico. These names ultimately emerged to be famous guitar brands. At present, the guitars that are manufactured by the family of Quirico Malingin are being sold under the brand name Inday Celia’s Guitar.
Inday Celia’s Guitar is owned and operated by Quirico & Cecilia Malingin. They sell relatively affordable and economical guitars. Their product line consists of acoustic guitars, ukuleles, mandolins, and other string instruments. Selling prices range from Php 1,300 to Php 1,700. (About $30 USD to $40 USD)
Celia’s Guitar also showcases an array of ovation guitars, which sell for about Php 7,000. (About $160 USD)
Inday Celia’s Guitar is located at Pajo Road, Mactan, Lapu-Lapu City. For inquiries, you may contact them at (032) 340-2654.