- Tita Julie’s Summer SurprisePosted 28 days ago
- 6th Olango ChallengePosted 30 days ago
- 2013 Cebu Horse Congress and FestivalPosted 32 days ago
- La Vossa Fashion Show on April 20Posted 37 days ago
- Break The Silence Run Opens Online RegistrationPosted 49 days ago
- SINGK(U)WENTO INTERNASYONALPosted 70 days ago
- Break the Silence RunPosted 70 days ago
- DigitalFilipino E-commerce SummitPosted 74 days ago
- Visayan Longboarding Trilogy 2013Posted 75 days ago
- Gold’s Gym Cebu Launches Pole DancingPosted 77 days ago
Ronie Pangatunan’s guitar-making business has been in his family for a number of generations. This business is called Guitar Master, and it consists of a guitar gallery and a small factory on Quezon National Highway in Lapu-lapu City, Cebu.
In the 1980s, some Cebu-made guitars were exported to Japan, the United States, and some countries in Europe, but Mr. Pangatunan said that sales of local guitars went down when machine-made guitars from China began to be sold at low prices. He hopes that Cebu-made guitars can regain their former glory.
Depending on the kind of wood and other materials used to make a guitar, the cost of a guitar could be anywhere from a thousand to thirty thousand pesos. Guitar makers in Cebu use woods like narra, langka (jackfruit), and kamagong (ebony). If you want a personalized guitar designed for you, you can purchase such a made-to-order instrument from Guitar Master.
To get in touch with Mr. Pangatunan and inquire about the instruments that Guitar Master manufactures, you can call landline number +63 32 495-2412 or mobile number +63 920-224-3767. Visit the Guitar Master gallery in Lapu-lapu to see the hand-crafted guitars for yourself. It’s across the road from Mactan Home Builders.