If you don’t like the smell of the cinema theatre or hearing commentaries of other people while watching a movie or dislike the sound of a stranger beside you eating popcorn so loudly, a movie house is just the place for you. Luckily, movie houses have been scattered everywhere around in the metropolis of Cebu. Movie houses give you the luxury of watching a movie quietly, without other people disrupting your focus and attention. What’s more, you may spend it with friends and loved ones in a private room of your own. Here’s a list of well-known movie houses in and about Cebu City:
Stellar Movie House
The movie house has two branches, one is located in Talamban, right across the University of San Carlos while the other is located in Raintree Mall, Gen. Maxilom Ave Cebu City. The brightly painted green and yellow building of the Stellar Movie House in Talamban stands proud as it attracts the eyes of not only the students but of the passer-bys as well. This movie house is definitely a great choice because they have no corkage fee which means you may bring food you bought outside and the price for your stay is compensated by the services they give. They have big and spacious rooms, Wi-Fi access, and a wide variety of movies to choose from - Horror to Comedy to Action to Romance. While waiting, you may freely use their PC or simply lounge on their couch. If you wait for more than 30 minutes, you get free popcorn! Stellar Movie House is definitely a good choice if you want some quality time with friends or family.
- Open 24 hours
- P200 per 2 persons and additional P50 for each extra person
- Offers less P50.00 discount for students (don’t forget to bring your ID!)
Hello Hans Movie House
This movie house was the very first one that opened in Cebu in year 2011. Hello Hans now has two locations; one located in IT Park, CJRS Building 2nd floor, Apas Cebu City, and the other is located at Parkmall, 2nd floor in Mandaue City. It also has a wide variety of movies to choose from, with over 2000 original copies!
- P350 good for 2 persons and additional 50 pesos for each person
- They also have P100 discount for students (bring your ID!)
- Happy Hour from 12midnight-6am on Tuesdays-Friday with a discount of less P100.
- Open from 12noon-6am, so don’t forget to drop by to watch a cool movie!
The Big Screen Entertainment
Located at the 3rd Floor of M2 Business Center Building, Escario Corner Clavano Street Cebu City. Not only do they offer movies for watching, they also offer Kinect, the dance craze game of the generation! They have 2 Big Rooms for movie watching with a 200” wide screen display which can accommodate 15-20 people; a small room for movie watching as well with a slight difference of wide screen and can accommodate 5-10 people and 3 available kinect rooms with a subtle amount of space for you to move around while you play. You may even bring your own copy of movie as long as it is Blu-Ray Disc, DVD, or maybe in a flash drive with an MOV, AVI or WMV format. The movie house has a corkage fee of P200/room, but you may buy food and drinks from their counter. Alcoholic drinks are prohibited.
- Open 3pm-12midnight (Sundays-Thursdays); 2pm-2am (Fridays-Saturdays)
- Kinect: P350/hr good for 6 persons *additional P30/hr/person
- Movie (Small Room): P400/movie good for 5 persons *additional P70/movie/person
- Movie (Big Rooms): P450/movie good for 5 persons *additional P70/movie/person
- Charged for the first 2 hours, *additional charge of P150 for exceeding 2 hours.
Located on the 2nd floor of The Ridges along F. Cabahug St., Mabolo, Cebu City, this movie house gives you the experience of a homey vibe in 9 variety-sized rooms. The movie house does not have a corkage fee, although they do sell chips and drinks in their lounging area in case you forget to bring some. Since the movie house is located in an entertainment park, the movie house allows their customers to request food from neighbouring fast food chains and restaurants such as Big Flat Bread (they sell pizza), Don Juan and many more!
- P200/rm good for 2 persons, although prices range from room size & number of people
- Open from 12nn-4am daily
- 7 movie rooms good for 5 persons
- VIP room good for 10 persons
- Family room good for 15 persons