Photography enthusiasts also have a chance to shine in this year’s Sinulog celebration just like the grand prize winner for the Sinulog 2012 Photo Contest Louis Enario. Dan Douglas Ong won second place and Mark Philip Dales was awarded third place.
There were also winners for the various categories, specifically:
|Fluvial/Solemn Procession||Robo Formacion|
|Sidelights/Route Décor/On Site Décor||Mikhail Arrogante|
|Festival Queen||Francis Dunque|
If you wish to participate in any of the categories for the Sinulog 2013 Photo Contest, the Sinulog Foundation, Inc. (SFI) has set the following guidelines:
Open to all photo enthusiasts – amateur or professionals (colored and black & white prints)
Format – includes DIGITAL or FILM photographs
Subjects – all activities involving Sinulog 2013 celebration
Registration for participants will open December 16, 2012, at the SFI office. Forms are available for download here.
The registration fee is One Thousand Pesos only (Php1,000). This entitles each contestant ten (10) entry photos. Subsequent entries will be charged Thirty Five Pesos (Php35) each or 3 for One Hundred Pesos (Php100). A maximum of 30 extra prints per registrant is allowed. An ID will be issued to each registrant granting them access to most Sinulog 2013 activities.
All official entry forms will be available at the Foundation only.
- Contingent – competing or guest participants of Sinulog 2013 grand parade (group dancing or solo performer)
- Fluvial and Solemn Procession – both scheduled on January 19, 2013. During the Fluvial Procession, the miraculous image is sea borne along the coasts of Mandaue City and Lapu-Lapu City. The Solemn Procession passes thru the principal streets of Cebu City and follows this route.
- Float, Higante and Puppeteers – should include whole structures and not simply the personalities on board the float. Higante and Puppeteers should include carrier inside the contraption.
- Décor /Arch and Sidelights – may be taken anytime (day and night). Sidelights are human interest pictures taken in the parade route on Sinulog 2013 week. Pictures taken during Sinulog sa Kabataan 2013 will be included in the category.
- Festival Queen - whole body of dancing participants, during Sinulog Festival Queen contest at Cebu City Sports Center on January 18, 2013.
Rules of the Contest
Each contest category must have a minimum of ten (10) contestants in order to declare a valid contest. If entries are less than ten (10) that category will be declared “No Contest” and prizes are reverted to the Foundation.
Photos must be taken from the actual events during the Sinulog ’13 celebration in Cebu City. Pictures of Sinulog celebration in other places and venues are disqualified.
All entries must be submitted on or before January 23, 2013, with duly accomplished forms to the SFI office at CCSC.
All submitted entries shall become sole and exclusive property of Sinulog Foundation. It cannot be reproduced or reprinted to any size for publication without permission of the Foundation. Corresponding compensation shall be accorded the owner of the photo of winning entries.
Deadline of submission of photo entries will be on January 23 and the judging is tentatively scheduled on January 24. Winners will be published in local dailies in due time with the date and venue of the awarding of trophies and prizes at SM City Cebu on January 26, at 6 p.m.
For more information, you can visit the official Sinulog Web site at http://sinulog.ph. You may also visit the SFI office or give them a call at these numbers: (032) 254-5010 and (032) 253-3700.