The search is on for Cebu City’s Representative and Spokesperson – Miss Cebu 2011.
The event is aimed at reinforcing the status of Cebu City’s tourism worldwide. Miss Cebu 2011is produced by the Cebu City Government via the Cebu City Tourism Commission and the Cebu City Tourism Foundation Inc.
The coronation of Miss Cebu is considered one of the highlights of the yearly celebration of Sinulog. Prior to the coronation night, the finalists of the pageant will also attend local events, including the Photo Exhibit in SM City Cebu and Ayala Center Cebu, the launching of the Sinulog festivities at Fuente Osmeña, the presentation of candidates during the launching and parade, which will happen on January 8, 2010. The candidates will also join local tours and have TV/radio guest appearances.
The Miss Cebu 2011 finalists are:
- Katrina Raye C. Yuson, 19, 5’3″;
- Kerrie Glad A. Arapoc, 18, 5’3″;
- Rosemary J. Gore, 18, 5’4″;
- Katrina Jane B. Esmas, 18, 5’4″;
- Benjielyn Rose A. Ongluico, 19, 5’4″;
- Teffanie Lene E. Llamada, 21, 5’4″;
- Maureen Gail M. Espina, 19, 5’5″;
- Mia Zeeba M. Faridon, 19, 5’5″;
- Junelyn B. Bilocura, 24, 5’5″;
- Erica Janine P. Tudtud, 21, 5’6″;
- Vanessa Claudine M. Ammann, 21, 5’6″; and
- Aiko Lyanne E. Serrano, 21, 5’6″.
Philip Rodriguez, Cebu City Tourism Commissioner, revealed to the public that the Miss Cebu 2011 Coronation Night is going to be its grandest production since its inception. The night’s theme will be famous festivals around the world, including Cebu’s Sinulog Festival.
For 2011, the Coronation Night will be held on January 12, at 6:30 p.m., at the Waterfront Cebu City Hotel’s Pacific Grand Ballroom. The event will be shown live to an audience of over 4,000 and will be telecast to over 8 million viewers of Studio 23.