Less than a day to go until Geeks On A Beach! For 2 days, Boracay will become a melting pot of leading minds both locally and internationally in the startup world and fresh new ideas from different parts of the globe. We give you the low-down on this exciting event.
About the Conference
The International Conference on Technology, Startups and Design, also known as Geeks On A Beach is the leading international technology and business conference that highlights tech industry startups in the Philippines and the world.
It gathers together tech driven enterprises, innovators, investors and global speakers in a fun milieu to inspire game changing solutions to the world’s small and big challenges.
Who is behind GOAB?
GOAB is organized by TechTalks.ph and DOST-ICTO (the Philippine government’s Department of Science and Technology – Information Communications Technology Office). TechTalks.ph is a non-profit, independent community of business, technology, and startup enthusiasts known for organizing tech startup events such as tech/startup meetups, Startup Weekend and GOAB. Other organizing partners include HappyGaraje.com, Sym.ph & PRWorksPH.com.
GOAB was first held in 2013 in Boracay island with 330 participants from 27 countries around the world. In 2014, GOAB was held at Moevenpick Resort Hotel in Mactan Island, Cebu. Over 440 attendees listened to local and global leaders including Dave McClure of 500Startups, Maria Ressa, CEO of Rappler.com, and top executives from Smart Communications, Globe, IdeaSpace.ph, Kickstart.ph and others.
GOAB Planned Activities:
International Keynote Speakers and Industry Leader Panel Discussions
Talks and panel discussions from local and international speakers about the latest trends and topics in investments, tech, startup and design industries.
GOAB International Startup Pitching Competition
Open to all early stage tech startups that have revenue and traction. Pitch your product to potential investors on the GOAB stage. Submit your online application now. Deadline of submission is on July 20, 2015.
Investors Roundtable Dinner
Exclusive roundtable discussion by investors for investors. Learn more about investing in tech startups in Southeast Asia. This requires a separate ticket, please choose “Investor + Conference” registration ticket.
Business Matching (for outsourcing companies)
Opportunity to meet startups, software development companies, outsourcing partners, mentors, investors, employees, employers, clients and supporters.
Exhibition Booths (Corporate sponsors and retail vendors) / Geek Alley Exhibition (for Startups)
Strategically located in the open lobby outside the convention hall where you can showcase your products and services to GOAB attendees. Reserve your booth now by contacting [email protected]
Get a chance to meet mentors on a 1-on-1 basis. Flash consultation meeting of 15 minutes each. An opportunity to get help on your most important issue.
Lunch with a Speaker
It’s back! Our popular activity where volunteer speakers sit down with the participants during lunch hour for a more personal interaction and connection. An opportunity to shake hands and mingle with some speakers in structured networking sessions like LWAS and facilitated introductions during breaks.
Get up to date with the latest technologies and trends in the industry. Join the workshops and talks from experienced domain experts.
With music and drinks, put your party hats on and celebrate with us in this beautiful Boracay Island. Geek conversations most of the time leads to new ideas and new action plans. Who knows where these meaningful connections will lead you.
Who should attend Geeks On a Beach:
Developers, Designers, Product Managers, Software Engineers and Architects, Technical Executives, Startup Founders, Business people, Startup / Tech / Business Enthusiasts, Corporate Executives and employees, Investors, Students, Academics, etc.
Anyone interested in Technology, Design, Startup and Entrepreneurship topics
Why attend Geeks On A Beach?
GEEKS ON A BEACH is a conference for everyone who is passionate about startups, technology, design, and making the world a better place.
Featuring presentations from hand-picked experts from all across the world. GOAB is the perfect place to come and share learnings and stories with new friends in a two day get-together by the shores of splendid Boracay island in the Philippines.
For Companies, Corporations, Businesses:
- Hear about the latest trends and developments in the tech and startup industries that can enhance your business
- Meet industry leaders who can give you insights on how to apply the latest techniques and strategies to increase revenue, optimize profitability, & improve efficiency while maintaining corporate harmony and competitiveness.
- Promote your company and your products and services to the top influencers in the tech and startup communities.
- Invest in yourself and your company by connecting with those who can help.
- Learn about startups. Startups are prevalent in the tech industry. Learn startup practices that you can apply to your company.
- Meet the best developers, designers, business, sales, marketing and skilled professionals that can help your company.
- Meet potential partners, customers, vendors, employees and employers in this fast growing field.
- Learn from those who have built startups to global companies and how they were able to recruit and retain their employees in this competitive market.
- Network and connect with other startups, entrepreneurs, investors, media, and tech experts from all over the world.
- Learn from experienced entrepreneurs. Meet potential partners and supporters.
- Hone your team’s skills and learn the latest trends in the industry.
- Hear the latest updates in the tech and startup industry.
- Be heard. Be discovered. Join Startup Expo and have a presence in the conference.
- Join the Fire Pitch. Pitch your startup to the crowd!
For Investors and Business Supporters:
- Discover startups.
- Be discovered.
- Connect with the community.
- Help foster the startup ecosystem in the Philippines, Asia, and the world.
- Share your knowledge.
- Hear about the latest tech developments, tools and techniques essential for geek mastery
- Get educated by experts and learn from your peers
- Meet like-minded individuals and discuss projects or informally consult with others on existing projects
- Get inspired by speakers and others in the forum who are doing great things
- Get connected to the tech startup community and dip your toe in startup waters
- If you’re an aspiring entrepreneur, find potential co-founders, supporters and investors
- Find potential employers, employees, partners and friends
- Have fun while learning and connecting
- Be inspired. Hear their (geeks) stories. Let’s be honest, geeks creates the coolest things in the world.
- Learn from the experts. Expose yourself to startups. Learn the latest tools.
- Hangout with awesome people who can possibly help you in your professional career and personal endeavors.
- Share your talent. Startups and companies are always in the lookout for talented people that can help them change the world.
- Meet and join the community of tech enthusiasts and all other geeky stuff from cool people that makes this world awesome and fun.
- Be educated of the latest tech news, trends, and happenings around the world.
For Non-Geeks and not-so-technical people:
- Discover your inner geek.
- Network and work with geeks who rule the world, or will one day rule the world 😉
- Geeks need non-geeks and vice versa. Partner with us to build products that are not only technically awesome but useful, profitable and world-friendly as well.
- Share your business expertise to help us round out our experiences. Together, we will build great products that will make the world a better place.
Most of all, it’ll be fun hanging out and chilling with the geeks in the beautiful beach of Boracay. Geek conversations most of the time leads to new ideas and new action plans. Who knows where the conversations will lead you. Make this world awesome!
#ItStartsWith you. Agenda will be published on our website GeeksOnABeach.com. Follow us on twitter @GeeksOnAbeach.com and FB for the latest updates.
This article was contributed by PRworks, Inc.