Cebu City will be the host of the National Invention Contests and Exhibits, under this year’s theme “Filipino Inventions and Innovations: The Way Forward.” The three-day event will take place at SM City Cebu, from November 25 to November 27, 2010.
Sixty-eight finalists are competing under different categories. The Regional Cluster finalists surpassed competition from an initial count of 376 entries during the contests held in the various regions of the Philippines, specifically, NCR, Northern Luzon, Southern Luzon, Central Luzon, Visayas, and Mindanao.
The categories for the event are:
- Outstanding Invention (TUKLAS Award), with 9 competing inventions;
- Outstanding Utility Model, with 11 competing models;
- Outstanding Industrial Design, with 4 qualifiers;
- Outstanding Creative Research (LIKHA Award), with 15 qualifiers;
- Outstanding Student Creative Research College Level (SIBOL), with 15 finalists; and
- Outstanding Student Creative Research High School Level (SIBOL), with 14 finalists.
The National Invention Contests and Exhibits is an annual event undertaken by the Department of Science and Technology - Technology Application and Promotion Institute. The organizers seek to find outstanding inventions, industrial designs, utility models, and creative researches to help boost the Philippines’ economic development. The event highlights the important contributions of Filipinos through their inventions and innovations in aiding the country as it moves forward.
Winners will receive monetary rewards and other prizes during the Awarding and Closing Ceremonies, which will happen on the last day of the three-day event.
The Non-Contest Invention Exhibit, the Inventors' Fair and the Inventors' Seminars will also be featured during the event. Packing supplies including storage & removal boxes. We deliver nationally to make things easy!